Welcome to Echo Radio!
Where we go over the most effective ways of running an online business so you can work smart and live free.
This is THE podcast for entrepreneurs who want to create, launch, and run an online business WITHOUT years of trial and error.
Hosted by me, Adrien Harrison.
Here it is my job to share the struggles, joys, failures, and triumphs of anyone who embodies pursuing their passion in some form or another.
We tease out the thoughts, routines, and strategies that have gotten these entrepreneurs to where they are now, so that, YOU, may learn and apply some of the valuable lessons back to your own lives.
Their stories are meant to show you what life could be like on the adventurous pursuit of lovable work. Hopefully, one of them just might convince you to take the leap too.
Today you'll be listening to my interview of Abdoulaye Mouflet, a dear friend since pre-school and now the proud founder and CEO of his recently launched startup KAJ.
SO, without further introduction, I present to you episode two of ECHO RADIO: Hustle or Die with Abdoulaye Mouflet of KAJ. Enjoy.
Listen on YouTube:
Or listen on iTunes:
We cover so much in this episode!...
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
How did you get started? (7:50)
How to transition from amateur to professional (8:54)
What real hustling looks like (10:41)
Should you start a business with your friends? (12:50)
How to start a creative business AND WIN (15:59)
Bad advice and common mistakes to avoid when getting started (18:01)
The BEST advice for students who want to start their own creative business (19:49)
How to build a team by auditing your strengths (24:01)
The best resource I use to manage my team effectively (26:04)
How to reconcile delegation with accomplishing YOUR vision: Steve Jobs & Mick Jagger (26:27)
Abdoulaye's mentors and his personal future role-model - Matthew McConaughey's Hero Analogy (33:24)
Where does DRIVE stem from? (35:23)
SCHOOL: The Good & The BAD. How to take advantage of education (37:43)
The MOST important thing to learn before starting a social company (43:52)
Abdoulaye's biggest influences in Montréal's underground scene - Crafting a Unique Selling Proposition (45:31)
Why you should stick to your guns (48:49)
Thank god we've got all the show notes right here.
RESOURCES DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- KAJ Collective - Abdoulaye's lifestyle brand
- Nimbus Tutoring - Peer-to-peer tutoring app for which Abdoulaye is CMO
- Manager Tools Basics Podcast - The best resource I use to manage my team effectively
- Craft A Unique Selling Proposition - How to position yourself and win against your competitors
- Best Online Business Tools - All the tools I use and love to make Echo Studio possible.
- Matthew McConaughey Hero Speech - Mentioned as a parallel for Abdoulaye's Role-Model
If you enjoyed this episode please subscribe to ECHO RADIO on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review.
It might seem small, but reviews make a huge impact by helping us get the best guests we can for you and bringing you the best strategies and tools for free!
More of a visual person? Subscribe to our channel on YouTube and you'll get to see what we look like!
Every episode of ECHO RADIO can be found on our YouTube channel!
Let me know what you liked in the comments, I love hearing what people found valuable, and subscribe below to get all our episodes.
Speaking of which, you're probably wondering what you can expect from ECHO RADIO in episodes to come!
We'll be answering all the burning questions we get about starting your own online business, and other goodies like:
- case studies from Echo Studio clients and students alike
- exclusive access to great deals from other entrepreneurs and online course creators
- actionable step-by-step trainings and inside scoops on how to keep growing exponentially
- and, most importantly, the best kind of edutainment by yours truly.
Thanks so much for listening, and till next time, keep working smart and living free!
- Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag: #echoradio
- Have a question you want answered on ECHO RADIO? Submit your questions for us here!