Welcome to Echo Radio!
Where we go over the most effective ways of running an online business so you can work smart and live free.
This is THE podcast for entrepreneurs who want to create, launch, and run an online business WITHOUT years of trial and error.
Hosted by me, Adrien Harrison.
Hello Meerkats and Mogwai, and welcome to another episode of ECHO RADIO where it is my job to share the struggles, joys, failures, and triumphs of anyone who embodies pursuing their passion in some form or another.
Now, usually, I tease out the thoughts, routines, and strategies that have gotten these entrepreneurs to where they are now, so that, YOU, may learn and apply some of their valuable lessons back to your own lives.
This episode is a little different.
It's the first of its kind in which I will be interviewing Echo Studio students.
Or Echo Studians as I like to call them.
Not only do I interview successful entrepreneurs, but also those who are aspiring for that success.
In these episodes, interviewees will get the chance to flip the tables and ask me questions about growing their own businesses.
SO, today you'll be listening to the first ever publicly interviewed Echo Studian: Philip Kwak.
An aspiring tech product entrepreneur with a knack for rationalizing the ridiculous.
This time we truly went overboard and covered too damn much. If you're not a fan of listening to the whole thing, I invite you to check out the show notes at either: echostudio.co/podcast or in the episode description if you're listening to the Podcasts app or watching on YouTube to see all the topics discussed with marked time-stamps you can skip to.
It was an absolute blast to record, and I'm sure you'll get a blast from listening too. Seriously, there's enough controversy in this episode to split up a nation.
SO, without any further ramblings, I present to you episode three of ECHO RADIO: How to Launch Your Technology Product Startup with Echo Studian Philip Kwak. Enjoy.
Listen on Youtube:
Listen on iTunes:
We cover too damn much in this episode, it's insane...
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
Phil's tech product idea (3:12)
How engineering increases our standard of living (4:24)
How to deal with aggression or your own personality traits to capitalize on strengths and minimize weaknesses as an entrepreneur (5:33)
The two most powerful operating systems for your mind (6:37)
How to successfully start a positive new habit (8:41)
How to validate your idea - Idea Generation (19:21)
Flight of thought or Flight of Ideas - Is A.D.D a perk for entrepreneurship? (21:58)
"The laws of physics are on your side": How it's best to work with more powerful forces (23:48)
- How to convince yourself to get started: How Sara Blakely, the founder of Spanx, pushed herself (24:37)
- How to find investors and prevalidate your product - A more detailed look at Market Immersion (31:04)
How do you know when a product is worth making? (33:10)
Common mistakes in the engineering product space (34:10)
What to do when you're torn between different projects (36:36)
How to overcome F.U.D: Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt (38:28)
Why you should do what YOU want, not what everyone wants of you - The mandatory gap year (44:55)
Yes, Phil's idea of success is Donald Trump. I can't elaborate you'll just have to listen for yourself (49:52)
Is ego or narcissism a useful tool for success in business? How about in life? (52:53)
Radical Candor - The under-used method for being the best boss (56:39)
Phil's Role Model: Tupac Shakur (59:02)
The benefits of sleeping twice a day (01:01:08)
Thank god we've got all the show notes right here.
RESOURCES DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Daily Stoic - My daily dose of stoicism
- Why You Should Stop Caring About What Other People Think - Tim Urban's iconic post on his blog: Wait But Why. (I love this guy.)
- Market Immersion - How to get to get to know your users, validate your idea, and gain insights on what products to create
- Product Development - How to create the different kinds of products (e.g. digital, physical, service-based, etc.) your market is dying for
- 5-Star Exercise - Developed by Brian Chesky, of AirBnb, as an thought exercise of making something virally great
- Habits VS Goals - Farnam Street Blog post about the benefits of a systematic approach to life
- Episode 1 of Echo Radio - Why gap years are more important than you think
- The Art of War - Sun Tzu (Phil's most influential book)
- Ego is the Enemy - Ryan Holiday's book on the entrepreneurial and lifestyle benefits of stoicism
If you enjoyed this episode please subscribe to ECHO RADIO on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review.
It might seem small, but reviews make a huge impact by helping us get the best guests we can for you and bringing you the best strategies and tools for free!
More of a visual person? Subscribe to our channel on YouTube and you'll get to see what we look like!
Every episode of ECHO RADIO can be found on our YouTube channel!
Let me know what you liked in the comments, I love hearing what people found valuable, and subscribe below to get all our episodes.
Speaking of which, you're probably wondering what you can expect from ECHO RADIO in episodes to come!
We'll be answering all the burning questions we get about starting your own online business, and other goodies like:
- case studies from Echo Studio clients and students alike
- exclusive access to great deals from other entrepreneurs and online course creators
- actionable step-by-step trainings and inside scoops on how to keep growing exponentially
- and, most importantly, the best kind of edutainment by yours truly.
Thanks so much for listening, and till next time, keep working smart and living free!
- Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag: #echoradio
- Have a question you want answered on ECHO RADIO? Submit your questions for us here!