Hello from New York City!
I will be launching a new FREE (for a limited time) online course called: From Dropout to Entrepreneur - How to Find a Profitable Idea and Work on Your Side-Business Without Quitting Your Day Job, in about a month; if you're interested sign-up here.
Welcome to the 36th Edition of FRIDAY FAVORITES!
Check out this week's list of things I've learned, how I've implemented them, and what I'm enjoying or pondering.
If you're also on the adventurous pursuit of smart passive income it'll come in handy 😉.
All the best,
P.S. If you're new, sign-up here.
P.P.S: Don't know who I am? Look at this.
I'm hitting a critical mass point where I'm starting to need help with running Echo Studio. The pressure was paralyzing for a few days, so this book is timely.
I can't speak for it in its entirety because I haven't finished it yet, but, for the portion I've read so far, it's very entertaining.
There is also one gold nugget that has come in handy: The Negative Feeback Loop from Hell. It's something we are usually aware of but never catch or act on. Since reminding myself of it, through the book, I've been able to catch myself and tell the negative feedback loop from hell to shove it.
2. What I Am Doing: Looking for help with Echo Studio
As I stated above, I'm hitting a critical mass point where I need help running Echo Studio because there are just too many moving parts for me to take care of effectively.
Here's a couple things to know:
1. I ran a giveaway for a free 1-hour consulting call and it went pretty well so I'm running another one. Here's the link: https://kingsumo.com/g/wvunvj/free-1-hour-growth-strategy-session
2. I'm working on a project that requires people familiar with Smart Contracts on the Ethereum Blockchain. If you fit that description, email me directly at email@example.com
3. I'm looking for someone with high-ticket sales experience, apply here: https://echostudio.co/careers
4. I'm looking for someone who knows how to blog / can write good copy. Here's the application link: https://echostudio.co/careers
5. I'm looking for a podcast editor who knows how to use Anchor.fm, Ableton, or Garageband. Application link here: https://echostudio.co/careers
I love getting to know other aspiring entrepreneurs and online business owners, so if you’re looking for help getting started with your own online business, don’t hesitate to reach out! I’m happy to help 👍
3. What I Am Enjoying: Wait But Why’s Tim Urban on Parsing and Transmitting Complex Ideas
My fan-boy status of Tim Urban has been upgraded once again. The man is just very good at what he does, and this post explains how he explains complex ideas.
Also, a useful read for founders to understand how to think about explaining their venture to clients, customers, collaborators, and investors.
4. What I Have Learned / Applied: When you need help, google the problem and "google" your network
This might be totally obvious, but knowing to ask for help and actually asking for help are on different planets of difficulty for me.
The vast majority of problems have been dealt with before. Whereas some people may want to take comfort in the idea that they're special because of their unique problems, the truth is they're not. I rejoice in knowing that millions or billions of people before me have dealt with the problems I'm dealing with today because it means there may already be a solution I can use.
There have been countless times where I experienced a seemingly unique and niche problem with building Echo Studio. Then googled the problem and found an entire business dedicated to solving that exact problem. So whenever something comes up, the first move is to google search for a solution.
If that doesn't work, or the problem requires ongoing customized attention, I reach out to my network of friends, fans, and family for their own expertise or to direct me to others with the expertise I'm looking for.
For the next couple weeks, I'm going to be trying to build up my team, so, if you ever wanted to work for/with Echo Studio, now is the time.
Either apply for open positions here: https://echostudio.co/careers
Or reach out to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Thought(s) I Am Pondering:
Thanks for reading, have an awesome weekend! 😁
P.S. Know someone who would like these posts? You can share it with them by clicking the share icons below (on mobile) or to the left (on desktop).